Profections (Greater Condition method)
Greater Condition profections are based on the method described by Umar
al-Tabari. Unlike the typical Profections where a single whole sign is
considered as 1 year equivalent, this method uses 30 degrees as equivalent
to an entire year.
The Profections/Greater Condition method
table contains dates when the profected object forms conjunctions or ray
aspects to the various points of the base chart.
In order to calculate the Profections
using the Greater Condition method
you need to go to the Forecast/Profections/Greater Condition...
menu and select the following parameters:
1. Planet. This is the planet or a body that is being profected. You can
select ASC, MC, prenatal lunation, or any planet.
2. Year. This is the option to specify the Year duration. Umar al-Tabari
uses 365.25 days so the default option is the Sidereal year
The Greater Condition table contains the following information:
- Planet. This is the planet the Profected object is making an aspect
- Aspect. This is the Aspect that is being formed by this profection.
- Aspect Type. Types of the Aspects - D: Dexter or S:
- Date. This is the date when the exact aspect will be formed by this
- Distance. Distance from the profected planet at the beginning of the
profected year to the point of contact with the aspected object.
There are somewhat similar timing techniques proposed by Bruno Huber
known as Huber Age Point and by Dany Rudhyar (known as Age
- To calculate the Huber Age Point aspects, go to the Forecast
menu and select the Huber Age Point... menu option.
You can use the default values of ASC as the Age Point and Sidereal
Year for the Year duration or experiment with other objects and Year
- To calculate Rudhyar's Age progression, expand the Forecast
menu and select the Rudhyar Ages... menu option.
Just like with the Huber Age Point, you can use the
default values of ASC as the Progression Point and Sidereal Year
as your default Year duration or you can experiment with other objects
and Year lengths.