Financial Astrology: Research
The Financial Research
module allows you to
research correlations between market performance and astrological
events. You can perform research on individual stocks and on entire Portfolios
Before starting to work with the Financial Research
make sure you have at least one Research Criterion
and saved (Finance/Research/Criteria
- Select the Finance/Research/Research menu.
- Select the product type:
- For individual stocks, make sure to select the Market the stock
is trading at. This is not required for Portfolios.
- Enter the Ticker of the company you want to do
your research for or select the Portfolio of stocks. Note: you can create Portfolios
using the Finance/Portfolio screen.
Configure your filters:
- For currencies, enter the Price type (Bid, Ask or Midpoint) and
select 2 currencies. Those currencies will be used to calculate
exchange rate fluctuations.
- For countries other than the USA, make sure to select the
appropriate Country/Market. Note:
Historical data for Euronext and India markets are available for the
last 3-4 months only.
Drag one or more Criteria from the Available
Criteria table to the Selected Criteria
table (from right to left).
- Duration (Years) - this will define the number of years starting from today that
will be used to search for stock prices.
- Offset Degrees - how many degrees before or after the exact
aspect should be considered as an Event. For example,
suppose your Criteria define Mars / Jupiter conjunction as
the triggering Event. If you set the Offset
Degrees to -1, then the time when both planets are 1 degree
before the exact conjunction will be used instead. Correspondingly +1
degree would mean 1 degree after the exact conjunction and 0 degree
(default) would mean that this filter is ignored and the exact
astrological (or astronomical) Event is going t be
- Offset Days - if set to anything other than 0, it will indicate
how many days before (negative number) or after (positive number) the
exact aspect will be considered as the actual Event.
For example, if you set the Offset Days value to -1
and the aspect is happening on 22nd of March, the 21st of March date
will be used instead of 22nd when running Research scans.
- Max trading days offset - this field defines what to do if
events occur when the market is closed. For example, value of 0 means
that only events happening when the market is open (during the trading
days) will be considered. The value of 1 would mean that if the Even
has occurred one day after the last trading day, it will still be
counted. Lets assume AstroApp finds an Event that happened on Saturday
when the market was closed. If the value is set to 1, then AstroApp
will include this event in the overall analysis and will use prices
from the previous trading day (in this case - Friday) for the
- Trade on Days - select which days to consider when searching
for astrological events. If you un-check any of the week days, this
means that they will always be ignored even if astro events occur
exactly on those days.
- Trade on Months - select which months the astrological events
and buy and sell events can happen on. If you uncheck any of the
months, AstroApp will skip events that occur during those calendar
months. This will remain true even if astrological or astronomical
events occur exactly during those months.
- Point in Sign. Filter events based on Zodiac Signs in which
events occur. For example, if the event is Trine of the natal Sun (Sun
in the first trade chart) with transiting Mercury and the Sign selected
is Aries, then only events when Mercury was making the trine aspect to
the Sun from Aries will be considered. Another example: if the event is
conjunction of the transiting Sun to the transiting Mercury and the
selected Sign filter is Capricorn, then only Sun/Mercury conjunctions
that happen in Capricorn will be considered.
Click the Process button. The Price changes
correlations will be shown in the form of a graph and a table. 0P means
the precise date of events. Days -29 to -1 are the trading days before
the events, days 1 to 29 are days after the event. The vertical axis
shows the percentage of changes in the Close of Day prices.
Working with the Financial Research Results:
- You can save the Results for each Criterion by clicking
the Save icon (leftmost cell for each
row in the table).
- If you move your mouse over any day (cell) in the upper table,
the Info window will appear showing the
- Day number (trading day from the event)
- Up - how many times the price was up on that day.
- Down - how many times the price was down on that day.
- AER (Long) - Annualized Expected Return if long trading
strategies are used.
- AER (Short) - Annualized Expected Return if shorting trading
strategies are used.
- To quickly determine the price change between any trading days,
click on the first day (the cell in the table that corresponds to that
day) and then on the day you want to compare the prices to. The results
will appear in the bottom of the screen next to the Done
button. Day 1 is the first day you have clicked, Day 2 is the 2nd, and
the Difference is the Price change between the two
days expressed in %.
- To change the Chart type, right mouse click on the chart and use
the Chart Type context menu to chose between Area,
Column, Bar or line presentation.
- To save the Graph as an image, right mouse click on any empty
(white) area of the chart and select the Save Image
- You can add the Prices Correlation image to AstroScribe
by launching the AstroScribe tool and clicking the "Append
to AstroScribe" button.
- You can save individual Criteria results. Saving
results that you plan to use in your work is always recommended since
this way you will be able to access them significantly faster.
- The Research screens are available in the
AstroApp Financial Gold