Planetarium and the 3D Styles Designer
To view the currently opened chart in the 3D Planetarium
use the View/3D Planetarium
To manage 3D Styles, go to the Utilities/3D Styles Designer...
window allows switching between the View
and the Designer
modes. In the View mode you can use Planetarium
find objects, planets and house cusps.
In the Designer
mode, you can edit the way the Planetarium
is drawn and create your own 3D presentation styles.
3D Planetarium: the View mode
- Use your mouse to rotate the Sky.
- Use the Controls/Search form to search for
specific locations in the Sky. Enter the Longitude
(and optionally Latitude) and the Sky will
be rotated to place the point corresponding to those coordinates in
- Clicking on the objects, planets and house cusps in the Planes
and Houses tables will have the same
effect as the Search - the Sky will be rotated to
place the selected object in the center of the screen.
- When the Sun is visible, the Sky will lit up indicating the day time
(this is configurable in the Designer
- Planets are shown according to their true latitude so they may
appear above or below the Ecliptic line.
3D Planetarium: Styles Designer
To open an existing 3D Style
- Expand the File menu and select Open...
- Select a Style and click Open.
The Style will be opened in the Designer
Editing 3D Styles
The following properties can be modified:
- Constellation Figures and their colors. The following types of
constellation figures are supported:
Degrees of Ecliptic
Fixed stars. Fixed stars can also be restricted by their magnitude
Aspect Line Width. This is a factor by which the width of aspect
lines should be increased.
Planets glyphs and planets names
Day and Night Sky colors
- Western - traditional constellations
- Indian - constellations according to Vedic tradition
Line width and color for Zodiac boundaries and Signs boundaries
- 13 Signs
- Tropical Lunar Mansions
- Location and width of the Houses sectors
- Colors of house numbers
- Line width and line colors of the House boundaries and house
Please make sure that pop-ups from
astroapp.com are not blocked in your browser.
If you are using IE, ActiveX must
be enabled in your browser settings.
To disable the daylight / nighttime
feature, set the Day and Night colors to the same value.
- If you are using Firefox or Chrome browsers, you can also save the
3D view as a png image: simply right-mouse click anywhere in the Sky
area and select the Save as Image context menu
- The 3D Planetarium and 3D Styles Designer are
available in AstroApp
Pro and AstroApp
Financial Gold Editions.