To view information about the Sect
dignities of the major (traditional) planets, select the base chart and
then go to the Details/Sect
table displays the
following information for each planet:
- In Zodiac - position in Zodiac.
- Chart:Sect - this is a sect of the entire chart - it can be either
N (Nocturnal) or D (Diurnal). This
information is not specific to planets, it's the sect of the chart
- Position/Dignities - position and dignities according to sect
- Ori/Occ - oriental or occidental (ori - oriental; occ -
- Horizon - will show X if the planet is in proper
position relative to the horizon (for example a diurnal planet above
horizon in a diurnal chart).
- Sign - will be marked with X if the planet is
located in the sign that matches its gender (i.e. masculine planet
in masculine signs, feminine planets in feminine signs).
- Quadrant - will be marked with X if the planet
is properly positioned according to its sect/gender and the
- Hayz - will be marked with H if the planet is in
Hayz; H/Q - the planet is in Hayz
and is conforming by Quadrant; D - Dustoria,
the planet is in Hayz and meets criteria for Dustoria
(or Security) condition.
- Almugea - Almugea or Proper Face. This is an accidental
dignity (A) that is derived from the planets
relationship with both luminaries and is based on the classical
- Dustoria - Dustoria or Security, very rare configuration based on
Hayz, angularity, and relative position to the Luminaries. It is
considered a sign of success and fame.
- Ex conditione - the planet is not dignified according to its sect
- Triplicity rulers - planets that rule triplicities of the planet's
sign. The first, the second, and the third triplicity rulers
sequence is based on the chart's sect.
- This table is also available as a component in the Page
- This table can be added to AstroScribe.