To view the list of Fixed Stars
the current chart, select the Lists/Fixed
menu. The Fixed Stars
table will appear.
Fixed Stars table
This table contains the following information about the stars:
- Ecliptical coordinates:
- In Zodiac. This column shows stars' relative positions in Zodiac.
- Long. Absolute longitude of the star.
- Lat. Absolute latitude of the star.
- RA. Right ascension of the star.
- Decl. Declination of the star.
- Name. This is the traditional name of the star. This name is not
available for all the stars.
- Nomenclature. This is the nomenclature code of the star.
- Letter. This is the letter of the Greek alphabet that is assigned
to the star based on Bayer's Nomenclature.
- Magnitude. Apparent magnitude of the star.
- Constellation. The constellation that the star belongs to (based
on the list of thee 88 modern constellations).
- Conjunct to Point. This column will list all points that are
closely (within the 1.0 degree orb) conjunct to the corresponding
You can switch between Tropical, Sidereal, and Galactic Zodiac systems
by selecting corresponding values from the Zodiac List box in the top
right corner of the window.
The very top row in the table (above column headers) can be used to
filter results. There are 2 ways to use the filter:
- Enter full or partial text in any column value and hit enter. The
table will be restricted based on the entered values in the
corresponding column. You can do this for multiple columns at a time.
- Right mouse click on the filter text box and select one of the 17
filtering options, such as:
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Does not contain
- Equals with matched case
- .... and so on.
- The Fixed Stars table can be added to the
AstroScribe tool by launching the AstroScribe tool
and using the Append to AstroScribe button.
- The Fixed Stars table can be exported as a PDF
file (Right mouse click on the table and select the PDF
- The Diurnal Quadrants functionality is available in AstroApp Pro
and AstroApp Financial Gold