To start working with AstroScribe you need to start it first. Expand the Reports menu and select the New AstroScribe menu option. AstroScribe window will appear and scribing session will start.
From this point onwards you can keep adding information such as charts, calculation details, notes, and so on to it. You don't have to keep the AstroScribe window open, even when it's closed or minimized it will still keep track of everything that is being added to the AstroScribe.
Don't forget to click the Save button to save the newly created report.
- Start AstroScribe session by navigating to the Reports/AstroScribe menu.
- Enter report name. Note: the name cannot contain blank spaces.
- Click the Save button.
In order to add the currently selected chart's image to AstroScribe report, right mouse click on the image and select the Append to AstroScribe menu option. The image will be added to your AstroScribe report.
There are 3 ways to add details from AstroApp tables to your AstroScribe reports:
- In order to add the entire table, right mouse click on it and select the Entire table menu option. The table and its title will be added to the AstroScribe report.
- If you want to add just a single value from a table, right mouse click on a cell and select the Add menu option. Only the value from the selected cell will be added to AstroScribe.
- Alternatively, you can add a single value along with its title. For that, right mouse click on the cell and select the Add with Title menu option. The value from the selected cell will be added along with the column title.
- Go to the Utilities/Interpretation editor... menu. The list of user-created Interpretations will open.
- Highlight an Interpretation file you want to use and click the Select button. Alternatively, you can create a new Interpretation report by clicking the Add New button.
- In the Interpretation report form select the Type and conditions (when applicable).
- Enter text and click the Save button. This step is optional if interpretation texts already exist.
- Click the Append to AstroScribe button. The currently opened text will be appended to your AstroScribe report. All the formatting will be preserved.
- Open a chart.
- Start AstroScribe.
- Go to the Details/Stats menu and select the Stats graph you want to add to AstroScribe.
- In the Stats window click on the Append to AstroScribe button. The Stats chart will be added to AstroScribe.
- Make sure that Compliments information is available.
- Go to the Utilities/Compliments... menu.
- Click on the Append to AstroScribe button. The Compliments information will be appended to the current AstroScribe report.
- Create a new AstroScribe report or open existing one by selecting the Reports/Saved Reports... menu option.
- At the bottom of the screen you will see the Clients field. Start typing a name of the client you want report to share with. If a matching client is found, his or her name will be populated automatically in this field as you type. Refer to this article on how to create and manage your clients.
- Click the Save button.
- Go to the Reports/Saved Reports... menu.
- Select a report you would like to share on your web site.
- Click the icon in order to obtain a path (URL) to the report.
- Alternatively, click the icon to get the HTML snippet that you can add anywhere in your HTML source code.
- Obtain the API key. You can find instructions on how to do it here.
- Use the following code to integrate your AstroScribe report with AstroApp APIs: <iframe src="http://astroapp.com/astro/astroapi?key=YOUR_API_KEY&reportFile=YOUR_REPORT_NAME"></iframe>